where we are challenged to use any
Spring Animals or Insects
(Use your Imagination)
who can resist sweet spring animals and insects.. even bees and caterpillars are cute, right?!
cool challenge this one!
bee gable box
the bee will be my insect for this challenge
the bee is from a cricut cartridge and i used regular cardstock to make it. BUT, i stamped the body and wings for that blotchy look and inked all the edges. i cut her to fit my box at 2.50 inches tall.
a bit closer and you can see how cute she is. i used foam dots to raise her from the background.
take note i cut the gable box at 5.5 inches tall but it really comes out to be approximately 3.75 inches tall.
this gable box is from another cricut cartridge. the cartridge gives you the scoring template.
TIP: since i use my gypsy, i put the die cut in one page and the scoring marks on another page making sure they are both at the same coordinates (x and y- on the top right corner of the gypsy screen) and i do the scoring first with the blade upside down.
here are the supplies used in my project:
gable box patterned paper: cosmo cricket earth love collection
yellow, mustard color and brown cardstock: recollection
gold cardstock: dcwv
cricut cartridges: tags, bags, boxes and more2 (gable box); kate's abc's (bee)
bee hive: cutlebug die
tag: sizzix die
sentiment: whimsical designs clear stamps
click here to join us!
do not forget to have fun!!!!
thanks so much for stopping by!
- The winner of each weekly challenge will receive a 'Pumpkin Spice Weekly Challenge Winner' button to display proudly on your blog or Facebook.
- A shout out in the monthly newsletter with a link to your blog and picture of your project
- and a chance to win a Surprise worth at least $25 retail.
- Every month PumpkinSpice will pick a winner from all the entries, not just the winners.
- Random pick will be announced on the 1st blog hop of the month, along with what that winner will be receiving, so be sure to watch for your name.
How do I enter? I am so glad you asked.
- Create a NEW project for this Challenge. Each submission must be a new project.
- Post your Challenge Themed project on your blog.
- Mention and link the ShopPumpkinSpice.com store somewhere in your blog post.